MOTIVATION MONDAY + MY GOALS FOR AUGUST 2015
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE TO GET YOUR WEEK GOING
I have to admit, the first thing that caught my eye when I found this quote was the author. I've been (repeatedly) binge-watching season 2 of Bojack Horseman on Netflix, and in this season J.D. Salinger actually makes an appearance as a character. So, just seeing his name under this quote made me smile. The quote itself is a good mantra to have, especially when you hit rough times. You've gotten as far as you have already, and survived trials and tribulations both big and small. Don't give up. You'll survive this, too.
Now on to this month's goals!
LAST MONTH'S GOALS
- KEEP UP WITH THE BLOG. I think I did a great job with this one! I posted pretty frequently for most of the month, and even found the courage to post about my depression. The response I got was amazing, and has made me feel like I can post things that are a little more personal for me, but will help others in the long run.
- FINISH READING HOW TO WIN FRIENDS & INFLUENCE PEOPLE. I not only finished this book, but I also finished The Silver Linings Playbook and am currently halfway through re-reading Confessions of A Sociopath by M.E. Thomas. I'm slowly getting through my summer reading list, one book at a time. (P.S. Don't watch the movie for Silver Linings Playbook if you read the book first. I felt personally insulted by how much they butchered such a good book).
- CONTINUE TO EAT HEALTHY AND START A FOOD JOURNAL. I totally forgot I was supposed to be writing down what I ate. I did manage to keep up the healthy-ish eating, though. Its always hard to eat well while traveling, but now that I'm home, it's back to a nutrient-filled diet!
GOALS FOR AUGUST
- USE MY PLANNER CONSISTENTLY. Sooo, I bought a new planner. I'm one of those people that has a million half-finished journals and planners stocking my shelves, but this time I really want to stick with it. I spent all my procrastination time this weekend watching 'plan with me' videos on Youtube, and then made my first attempt at using washi tape to try and replicate the awesome designs I saw. I'm hoping this month turns out more productive than the last because of this.
- STICK TO MY EDITORIAL CALENDAR. Since I'm trying to plan things more, I actually sat down and wrote out an editorial calendar for my blog. I've got my ideas ready and dates to post them, I just have to make sure I get the work done in time. I'm hoping this will force me to procrastinate a lot less.
- FIGURE OUT MY LIFE FOR THE NEXT YEAR. This past week I've come to a crossroads in my life, and I have a ton of decisions to make. I'm also on a deadline, since September is the start of the school year and preseason training for most college athletes and I'm supposed to move into my apartment. I'll probably make a post about whatever I decide on in the future, so look out for it!
Enough about me. What are you dreaming up for August?
Guess what? I made my very own Patreon! Patreon is basically a crowd-funding site like gofundme, only instead of a one payment, it works on a monthly cycle. So say you donate $2, it would donate $2 every month. Of course, you can also choose to make a one time donation and just cancel it afterwards, but that's up to you. I have a few reward tiers set up and I'm working on adding more, like a meal plan e-book full of recipes and tips to change to a healthier lifestyle. Want to be one of the first to nab it? Check out my page by clicking the button below!
Lets be friends! Stay connected on my social media networks ✦